Re: Ploticus Clickmap Limitation

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009
      Hello Champ,

      If you built ploticus from the source code you can raise the limit yourself.

      cd src

      edit  clickmap.c

      find this:
      #define MAXENTRIES 500

      and change the value to 5000 or whatever.

      Then do: make clean; make

      I will keep a note of the request to raise this limit in general and hopefully we can do something about this in the next release.

      Steve

      On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Champ Lee <champlee@...> wrote:
      Hello Steve,

      First, thank you so much for your most excellent Ploticus software. I am finding it easier to use than most other tools in this space, and the robust features and control capabilities rival those of commercial products such as SAS/Graph.

      My only problem is that I continue to hit the hard limit of 500 clickable zones and mouseover labels per job. Would it be possible to raise that value to say 5000, or better yet, make it a user configurable option? I have been using Ploticus to create stacked bar charts, and it is quite easy to exceed the 500 value. I have attached a sample of this type of problem as a html archive.

      Thanks for all your efforts on Ploticus, and for any advice you might have.

      Best regards,

      Champ Lee
      Southlake TX