getdata error 408: No data were read

  • Andreas Schwarz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2002
      Hello ploticus user,

      I am using the following getdata part in a ploticus script
      (simplified for this example).

      #proc getdata
      file: @FILE

      fieldnames: datetime values1 values2 values3

      select: @@values2 > 25
      #proc endproc

      #if @NRECORDS = 0
      #exit
      #endif

      [...]

      I want to select only records where values2 are greater than 25,
      sometimes no record matches this condition, this is ok, the script
      should stop (because NRECORDS = 0). But every time this occurs, I
      will get this "error 408" message. Is there a way to avoid this
      error output (sure, I can redirect this to /dev/null, but I will
      see if there are other "real" errors)?

      Andreas

      --
      PGP: 0x661AB571
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2002
        Andreas,
        One possibility would be to use proc getdata to read all data, then use
        proc processdata to do the select, then check #if @NRECORDS = 0.

        -Steve

        On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Andreas Schwarz wrote:

        > Hello ploticus user,
        >

        > I am using the following getdata part in a ploticus script
        > (simplified for this example).
        >

        > #proc getdata
        > file: @FILE
        >
        > fieldnames: datetime values1 values2 values3
        >
        > select: @@values2 > 25
        > #proc endproc
        >
        > #if @NRECORDS = 0
        > #exit
        > #endif
        >
        > [...]
        >
        > I want to select only records where values2 are greater than 25,
        > sometimes no record matches this condition, this is ok, the script
        > should stop (because NRECORDS = 0). But every time this occurs, I
        > will get this "error 408" message. Is there a way to avoid this
        > error output (sure, I can redirect this to /dev/null, but I will
        > see if there are other "real" errors)?
        >

        > Andreas
        >
        > --
        > PGP: 0x661AB571

      • Andreas Schwarz
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2002
          Hello Steve,

          > One possibility would be to use proc getdata to read all data, then use
          > proc processdata to do the select, then check #if @NRECORDS = 0.

          I have changed my script to use proc processdata, but I got the
          same error (if no record matches the select condition).

          #proc getdata
          file: @FILE
          fieldnames: datetime values1 values2 values3
          #proc endproc

          #proc processdata
          action: select
          select @@values2 > 25
          #endproc

          #if @NRECORDS = 0
          #exit
          #endif

          [...]

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24, 2002
            On 25-Aug-02, Andreas Schwarz wrote:

            Hi again,

            >> One possibility would be to use proc getdata to read all data, then use
            >> proc processdata to do the select, then check #if @NRECORDS = 0.
            >
            > I have changed my script to use proc processdata, but I got the
            > same error (if no record matches the select condition).

            Ok, now I have noticed that a "stack: yes" in proc processdata will prevent
            this error output. I am not sure if this is a real solution, I don't need
            the original data and "stack: yes" is using more memory, but it works for
            me.

            > #proc getdata
            > file: @FILE
            > fieldnames: datetime values1 values2 values3
            > #proc endproc
            >
            > #proc processdata
            > action: select
            > select @@values2 > 25
            > #endproc
            >
            > #if @NRECORDS = 0
            > #exit
            > #endif
            >
            > [...]
            >

            >> -Steve
            >>

            >> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Andreas Schwarz wrote:
            >>

            >>> Hello ploticus user,
            >>>

            >>> I am using the following getdata part in a ploticus script
            >>> (simplified for this example).
            >>>

            >>> #proc getdata
            >>> file: @FILE
            >>>
            >>> fieldnames: datetime values1 values2 values3
            >>>
            >>> select: @@values2 > 25
            >>> #proc endproc
            >>>
            >>> #if @NRECORDS = 0
            >>> #exit
            >>> #endif
            >>>
            >>> [...]
            >>>
            >>> I want to select only records where values2 are greater than 25,
            >>> sometimes no record matches this condition, this is ok, the script
            >>> should stop (because NRECORDS = 0). But every time this occurs, I
            >>> will get this "error 408" message. Is there a way to avoid this
            >>> error output (sure, I can redirect this to /dev/null, but I will
            >>> see if there are other "real" errors)?
            >

            > Andreas

            Andreas

            --