Can I force commas in stub numbers?

  • travis_bear
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2009
      Hi,

      I am using ploticus 2.32 with the lines prefab to graph network bandwidth use. The numbers involved have many digits, typically 6 or 7. By default ploticus is not inserting commas into the Y axis stubs, which makes it hard to easily read, since you have to slow down and count zeros to understand what the chart is saying.

      Is there a way to force ploticus to use commas? Or to make it divide the numbers it's charting by 1000?

      Thanks!

      -Travis
    • Stephen Grubb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
        Hello,

        use something like this: yinc="100 1000"

        this should put a stub every 100,000 but show numbers in the 100's (native value divided by 1000)... you then ould need to label the yaxis by saying eg. "counts (in thousands)"

        http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/prefab_stdparms.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
          Thank you Steve. That was a very useful suggestion. The charts look great now.

          -Travis