SEQUENTIAL MULTI-LINE:BAR PLOT FROM EXTERNAL .CSV DATA FILE

  • M Turner
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008

      Version: pl240win32

      Just new to Ploticus - looks very promising. Im looking for GNUplot alternative as finished charts look a little

      amateurish. Had a few broad queries on pl.

      ANIMATED SINGLE BAR:LINE CHART

      I need to plot/animate a 5 time series data series (some line, some bar) in one chart - data is held in an external .CSV file;

      I wish the data lines/bars to display/animate the data in cumulative fashion ie succesively showing more years by

      plotting the next data point for all 5 series in each "frame".

      see exisitng example (with poor formatting !) at:    http://jcsweb.biz/parfrey//chart/userName=mef1_28_12_2008_0_6_34_828_GIFthumb.htm

      Is there an existing pl script which I could adapt to mimic the above but with a more professional appearance ?

      Can a mixed bar:line chart be created via a script proc ?

      ANIMATED MULTIPLOT

      The next stage. I then need to create a 6x3 "multiplot" (or 6x3 chart grid) of such a mixed animated chart described above. Too ambitious ?

      Any suggestions most welcome.

      Martin T.

    • Stephen Grubb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
        Hello Martin,

        ploticus doesn't support animated GIFs.

        see exisitng example (with poor formatting !) at: http://jcsweb.biz/parfrey//chart/userName=mef1_28_12_2008_0_6_34_828_GIFthumb.htm<http://jcsweb.biz/parfrey/chart/userName=mef1_28_12_2008_0_6_34_828_GIFthumb.htm>

        Is there an existing pl script which I could adapt to mimic the above but with a more professional appearance ?
        Can a mixed bar:line chart be created via a script proc ?

        ANIMATED MULTIPLOT
        The next stage. I then need to create a 6x3 "multiplot" (or 6x3 chart grid) of such a mixed animated chart described above. Too ambitious ?

        Any suggestions most welcome.

        Martin T.
      • Joel Natividad
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2009
          Hi Martin,
          You may want to check out ImageMagick (imagemagick.org). You can compile the
          different gifs from each pl run into an animated gif.

          http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/supercomp/n401a.html

          Hope this helps,
          Joel