Stacked bars with no outline show extraneous data when last data column is zero

  • Duane Wessels
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2008
      The sample script file below demonstrates the problem. Note that
      bars A, B, and C have zero in column 4. Yet, for me, the plot shows
      a thin red line on the top of each bar.

      Is it intended or my mistake?

      The extraneous data would be covered up with outline:yes. Also it
      does not appear if I replace the "0" values with "-".

      Duane W.

      $ ploticus -v
      usage: ploticus scriptfile [options] ...or... ploticus -prefab prefabname [options]
      ploticus 2.40-Jan'08 (unix). This build can produce: PS EPS SVG SVGZ PNG JPEG WBMP FreeType2
      Copyright 1998-2008 Steve Grubb, http://ploticus.sourceforge.net

      #proc getdata
      data:
      A 5 0 0
      B 0 4 0
      C 2 1 0

      #proc categories
      axis: x
      datafield: 1

      #proc areadef
      rectangle: 1 1 5 5
      yautorange: datafield=2,3,4 combomode=stack lowfix=0
      xscaletype: categories

      #proc bars
      outline: no
      lenfield: 2
      locfield: 1
      stackfields: *
      color: brightgreen
      legendlabel: A

      #proc bars
      outline: no
      lenfield: 3
      locfield: 1
      stackfields: *
      color: blue
      legendlabel: B

      #proc bars
      outline: no
      lenfield: 4
      locfield: 1
      stackfields: *
      color: red
      legendlabel: C
    • Stephen Grubb
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hello Duane,

        see the proc bars "hidezerobars" attribute. If you add a "hidezerobars: yes" statement to the last proc bars invocation, this should make it behave as you want.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Stephen Grubb said:

          > Hello Duane,
          >
          > see the proc bars "hidezerobars" attribute.

          doh! sorry for the false alarm.