exactcolorfield with proc scatterplot?

  • Adam Spiers
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008
      Hi all,

      Firstly thanks for a superb piece of software, I have really enjoyed
      its power and flexibility so far.

      I need to be able to plot a heatmap representing temperatures, where
      the colour spectrum is continuous rather than having a small number of
      discrete buckets such as is offered by the legend-driven technique for
      colouring scatterplots. In the past I have successfully used
      exactcolorfield with bar plots, but this seems unavailable for
      scatterplots. If it was available I could easily manipulate the input
      data to contain an extra field with the desired colour in it. Is
      there any way of achieving what I need?

      Thanks,
      Adam
    • Stephen Grubb
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2008
        Hello Adam, it looks like you are right, there's currently no way in proc scatterplot to directly specify color from the data.

        Off the top of my head, It shouldn't be too hard of a feature to add... I will put it on the todo list.