autoconf/automake

  • bobalicious50
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2008
      Are there any plans to use autoconf/automake for the Ploticus
      build/install? We are deploying to many different platforms mac
      osx/linux/solaris (possibly win32) and we have a tool that we use to
      push packages. It would be great if we didn't have to maintain
      separate distributions for each environment if we don't have to.

      Thanks for the great software!

      Regards,
      Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3 11:52 AM
        Hi Bob,

        At the present time I have no knowledge of these tools or how to go about
        using them to automate the ploticus build process... and hence no plans to
        do so.

        However the floor is open if someone out there would want to take this on
        please send in a post.

        -Steve

        On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, bobalicious50 wrote:

        > Are there any plans to use autoconf/automake for the Ploticus
        > build/install? We are deploying to many different platforms mac
        > osx/linux/solaris (possibly win32) and we have a tool that we use to
        > push packages. It would be great if we didn't have to maintain
        > separate distributions for each environment if we don't have to.
        >
        > Thanks for the great software!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Bob

      • bobalicious50
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4 7:54 PM
          Hi Steve,

          I took a crack at it, and I have since given up. We are using
          precompiled builds distributed as Ruby gems to do this for our
          environment. Are you interested in distributing ploticus as a Ruby
          gem with pre-built binaries (via rubyforge). I also have a gem that
          can be used as a wrapper around the ploticus executable to be used
          directly with Ruby.

          Regards,
          Bob

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5 6:27 AM
            Bob, the Ruby-centric distribution idea sounds great... this again isn't
            one of my areas so if you or someone would be willing to handle this
            downstream it would be welcome. let me know what I can do to help
            facilitate...

            -Steve