lines prefab with cats=yes

  • Michael Piotrowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008

      I'm trying to plot data similar to this using the lines prefab (Ploticus
      2.40):

      A 3
      B 7
      C 9

      $ pl -prefab lines data=test2.tab x=1 y=2 cats=yes

      However, this results in the following errors and no plot:

      pl proc areadef: error 130: No xrange has been specified
      pl proc areadef: error 10: cannot set up plotting area .. likely culprits: bad xrange or yrange, or bad area rectangle

      In fact, it seems that as soon as cats is specified (even if it's
      cats=no) the lines prefab no longer works.

      Is this a bug in the lines prefab or am I doing something wrong here?

      Thanks and greetings

      --
      Michael Piotrowski, M.A. <mxp@...>
      Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Michael, this is a bug.

        I posted a fix here: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html

        (it's the last entry in the Bug Fixes list).

        Thanks for finding & reporting this issue.

        -Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
          Stephen,

          On 2008-08-01, "Stephen C. Grubb" <scg@...> wrote:

          > Michael, this is a bug.
          >
          > I posted a fix here: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html
          >
          > (it's the last entry in the Bug Fixes list).
          >
          > Thanks for finding & reporting this issue.

          Thank you for fixing it so quickly!

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
            Steve,

            On 2008-08-01, "Stephen C. Grubb" <scg@...> wrote:

            > Michael, this is a bug.
            >
            > I posted a fix here: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html
            >
            > (it's the last entry in the Bug Fixes list).
            >
            > Thanks for finding & reporting this issue.

            Thanks again for fixing this issue. While creating my diagrams, I just
            noticed another small issue with lines and cats=yes, namely when a
            y axis grid is specifies, the lowest grid line covers the x axis.

            Thanks and greetings