Problem while plotting very small values (<1e-10)

  • grenet_ghost
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hello,

      I've encountered a problem while trying to plot very small values
      (these values are cross-sections of semiconductors in the order of 1e-14)
      I have tried several yaxis.stubformat (tried %e, %g, %.2e, ...), but
      the stubs on the y axis would always be 0.00E+00 or 0)

      I have edited the data, scaling them up to 1e-9 (see script below)
      It seems that when the exponent switches from -9 to -10, the value
      becomes 0.

      Could you please advise me on what to do? The script showing this
      problem has been copied below (data is embedded). The first non-zero
      stub on the generated graph should be 5E-10, but it appears as 0.

      Thank in advance,

      Erwin

      #proc settings
      enable_suscripts: yes

      #proc getdata
      data:
      2 1.00E-9 2.00E-9 3.00E-9
      8 1.50E-9 2.50E-9 3.50E-9

      #proc categories
      axis: x
      datafield: 1

      #proc areadef
      rectangle: 1 1 6 4
      title: Cross-section (MCU) vs Run
      titledetails: align=center size=18 color=black style=B adjust=0,0.5
      xscaletype: categories
      yscaletype: linear
      xrange: categories
      yautorange: datafield=2,3,4 lowfix=0
      xaxis.axisline: width=1.2 color=black
      xaxis.stubdetails: size=12 color=black style=R
      xaxis.stubs: datafield=1
      xaxis.label: Run
      xaxis.labeldistance: 0.5
      xaxis.labeldetails: size=16 color=black style=B
      xaxis.gridskip: minmax
      xaxis.grid: color=gray(0.9) width=0.2

      yaxis.axisline: width=1.2 color=black
      yaxis.stubdetails: size=12 color=black style=R
      yaxis.stubs: inc
      yaxis.stubformat: %g
      yaxis.label: Cross-section (cm2/bit)
      yaxis.labeldistance: 0.7
      yaxis.labeldetails: size=16 color=black style=B
      yaxis.gridskip: minmax
      yaxis.grid: color=gray(0.9) width=0.2

      #proc scatterplot
      xfield: 1
      yfield: 2
      symbol: style=outline shape=pixtriangle radius=0.04 color=xrgb(FF7C1E)
      legendlabel: Chip 1 (#41)

      #proc scatterplot
      xfield: 1
      yfield: 3
      symbol: style=outline shape=pixcircle radius=0.04 color=xrgb(0093D9)
      legendlabel: Chip 2 (#7)

      #proc scatterplot
      xfield: 1
      yfield: 4
      symbol: style=outline shape=pixsquare radius=0.04 color=xrgb(000080)
      legendlabel: Chip 3 (#15)

      #proc legend
      title: Families
      titledetails: size=16 color=black style=B
      textdetails: size=12 color=black style=R
      location: max+0.5 max
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hello Erwin,

        Sorry for the ridiculously long delay in responding... other things have
        been taking priority over pl support requests recently...

        If you use the following attributes:

        yaxis.stubs: inc 1 0.000000001
        yaxis.label: Cross-section (cm2/bit) x 10E-9

        your Y axis will show the number of billionths... this would be one way to
        get it to work and would be less cluttered as well, assuming it's
        acceptable practice in your line of work.

        -Steve