Question

  • thantry
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2007
      Hi folks,

      I'm a new user of ploticus, and haven't gone through all the
      questions in the newsgroup, so apologies in advance if this has
      already been answered before.

      I have some data from many experiments that is collated together in
      a CSV file. I need to be able to plot multiple time series line
      plots on a single canvas, based on individual select expressions. A
      simple example is the following

      CLK, WKLD, CONFIG, IPC
      10, A, C1, 0.1
      10, A, C2, 0.2
      10, B, C1, 0.1
      10, B, C2, 0.2
      20, A, C1, 0.2
      20, A, C2, 0.4
      20, B, C1, 0.1
      20, B, C2, 0.2

      What I'm looking for is something like:

      pl -prefab line header=yes delimiter=comma data=foo.dat x=CLK,
      y="SELECT IPC WHERE WKLD=A && CONFIG = C1", y2="SELECT IPC WHERE
      WKLD=A && CONFIG=C2", y3="SELECT IPC WHERE WKLD=B && CONFIG=C1",
      y4="SELECT IPC WHERE WKLD=B && CONFIG=C2".

      What I would like this to do is give me 4 line plots on a single
      canvas with CLK on the X-axis and IPC values on the Y-axis, with
      exactly 2 data points for each Y-value.

      First: Is something like this possible in Ploticus?
      Second: If no, is it possible in any other graphing tool/package?
      If yes, what would the syntax be?
      Also, How would I label each line plot as well? I'd like to
      label each line plot individually with its name like
      so: "WKLD=A,CONFIG=C1"

      Thanks a lot for your time.

      Regards,
      Hari