Horizontal bars outline broken?

  • Randall Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007
      I'm having problems getting "outline: yes" (the default) to work
      with horizontal bars; in my example the outline does not actually go
      around the bars. The below example works correctly with v. 2.32 on
      Mac OSX but does not work with version 2.33 on Linux, so I'm guessing
      there's a version problem. If someone could verify that, I'd be
      appreciative. Thanks much in advance ...

      -- Randy Smith, NetApp

      P.S. This is, by the way, a wonderful program; thank you for
      creating and maintaining it.

      -- Problem: "outline: no" works as expected; a graph consisting of
      floating horizontal bars is drawn without a sharp outline around
      them. Commenting out "outline: no" (reverting to the default of
      "outline: yes") produces correct outlines around the top two bars,
      but for each bar underneath the rightmost end of the outline
      rectangle is aligned with the end of the lines above bar rectangle.
      I've attached a PNG of this to this email, but it should be
      reproducible with the script below as well.

      -- Command execution and debug output:

      cycl01:../Traces/WCV_opt $ pl -debug -png -o test.png -pagesize 11,8
      top_interval.pc

      Got command line arg(s): -png
      Got command line arg(s): -o test.png
      Got command line arg(s): -pagesize 11,8
      Got command line arg(s): top_interval.pc
      Device code is g
      Setting output file name to test.png
      Version: pl 2.33-Jun'06
      Script file is: top_interval.pc
      Script file successfully opened
      Executing getdata
      filling data set# 0
      getdata has read 22 records; there are 3 fields per record.
      Executing areadef
      categories in y: list of size=250 malloced
      Autorange on x: min=4500 to max=7000
      areadef: lowerleft: 3,1 upperright: 10,5.6
      areadef: xrange is 4500 to 7000. yrange is 0 to 23.
      Executing yaxis
      Executing xaxis
      Executing bars
      Done with page. Writing out result file. Computed bounding box is:
      1.74 , 0.79 to 10.16, 5.79
      cycl01:../Traces/WCV_opt $

      -- Version and operating system information:

      cycl01:../Traces/WCV_opt $ pl -version

      Usage: pl -prefab prefabname [parameters] ..or.. pl scriptfile
      [options]
      This build can produce: ps eps svg svgz x11 png

      ploticus 2.33-Jun'06 (unix) Copyright 1998-2006 Steve Grubb, http://
      ploticus.sourceforge.net

      Please see the Copyright file or web site for additional credits and
      information.

      This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
      under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
      Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
      option) any later version.

      This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
      WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
      MERCHANTABILITY
      or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License
      for more details.
      cycl01:../Traces/WCV_opt $ uname -a
      Linux cycl01.nane.netapp.com 2.4.20-28.8smp #1 SMP Thu Dec 18
      12:25:21 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
      cycl01:../Traces/WCV_opt $

      -- Script file

      #proc getdata
      delim: comma
      data:
      "discussion", 4845, 4868
      "execution", 4883, 6928
      "rethinking group 0", 4868, 5166
      "rethinking group 1", 4868, 5168
      "rethinking group 2", 4868, 5158
      "rethinking group 3", 4868, 5160
      "rethinking group 4", 4868, 5175
      "rethinking group 5", 4868, 5178
      "rethinking group 6", 4868, 5172
      "rethinking group 7", 4868, 5172
      "rethinking group 8", 4868, 5185
      "rethinking group 9", 4868, 5177
      "rethinking group 10", 4868, 5170
      "rethinking group 11", 4868, 5182
      "rethinking group 12", 4868, 5172
      "rethinking group 13", 4868, 5169
      "rethinking group 14", 4868, 5173
      "rethinking group 15", 4868, 5175
      "rethinking group 16", 4868, 5183
      "rethinking group 17", 4868, 5169
      "rethinking group 18", 4868, 5157
      "rethinking group 19", 4868, 5156

      #proc areadef
      title: Aggr Online High Level
      yrange: categories
      yscaletype: categories
      ycategories: datafield 1
      xautorange: datafield=2,3
      # xrange: 4800 7000
      rectangle: 3 1 10 5
      autoheight: 0.2

      #proc yaxis
      stubs: categories

      #proc xaxis
      stubs: inc

      #proc bars
      horizontalbars: yes
      barwidth: 0.10
      locfield: 1
      segmentfields: 2 3
      # outline: no

      -- Attached PNG showing results (should be redundant)