showing totals with stacked bars

  • vita_santrucek
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2007

      I hope this is the right place to ask user questions ..

      I'm creating a stacked bars chart that uses similar data like to the
      data below, the number of columns/rows is not fixed:

      row_1 1 3 6 1
      row_2 4 5 2 4
      row_3 1 6 8 2

      So the chart has four bars each of them made of 4 stacked bars.

      My questions are:

      - I know 'vals' option, but how do I only display the total for all
      rows above each bar (e.g. 11 above the first one (1 + 3 + 6 + 1))?

      - how do I display the totals for all columns in the legend (e.g.
      column_1 (6) (1 + 4 + 1)?

      I'd appreciate any help. Thanks,

      Vita
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
        Vita,

        if you're using a ploticus script you could probably add a filter to your
        proc getdata that computes the sums. Filters effectively re-write the
        data set. Your new data set would then contain both the original fields
        and fields containing the computed sums. Bars could then be labelled
        using the latter.

        Steve