Can -drawdump be used with legends?

  • sitecrawl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2007
      I want to try and overlay graphs using the chron prefab. I'd
      like to have a legend, but haven't been able to get it to work.
      I do get the legend, but the legends "overlay" each other! The
      graph looks find though.

      Is there a way to make the legend appear correctly when using
      -drawdump? I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation.

      Also, can ploticus automatically choose different colors for the
      lines on my graph, regardless of how many there are? Or do I have
      to specify the colors myself?

      Thanks,

      -- Greg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2007
        Greg,

        this sounds like a case where the limitations of prefabs are being
        encountered.. I'd recommend writing a script. You can get started by
        adding the -echo command line arg when running the chron prefab ... this
        dumps the underlying script to stdout which you can capture and modify.

        The $icolor() function can be used (in scripts) to automatically allocate
        colors.

        Steve