chron prefab xrange= problem

  • g0sp3r
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2007
      Hello.

      I am trying to graph hits per hour using the chron prefab. I am
      running into trouble with specifying an xrange. My dataset spans
      severals days over several weeks. I want to graph all hits in a single
      day specified by my xrange= . Ploticus seems to try and graph every
      day present in my dataset instead of just the day I specified with
      xrange=. Anyone have any clues?

      I amm calling ploticus as follows

      pl -backcolor black -color white -png -o @ARGV[1] -prefab chron
      data=@ARGV[0] xrange= 22-mar-2007.0:0:0 22-mar-2007.23:59:59
      tab=hour datefmt=dd/mmm/yyyy xmargin=0 xinc=\"1 hour\" barwidth=line
      stubfmt=hh unittype=datetime timefld=2 title=\"\# hits per hour\"
      color=green

      my dataset is as follows:

      19/Mar/2007 23:04:36
      19/Mar/2007 23:05:27
      19/Mar/2007 23:08:27
      19/Mar/2007 23:08:40
      19/Mar/2007 23:11:53
      19/Mar/2007 23:11:58
      19/Mar/2007 23:16:55
      20/Mar/2007 01:10:10
      20/Mar/2007 05:40:53
      20/Mar/2007 05:43:57
      20/Mar/2007 12:40:25
      20/Mar/2007 19:22:04
      20/Mar/2007 21:14:49
      21/Mar/2007 01:26:09
      21/Mar/2007 09:29:03
      21/Mar/2007 14:26:34
      21/Mar/2007 18:10:08
      22/Mar/2007 03:01:19
      22/Mar/2007 11:13:51
      22/Mar/2007 11:19:22
      22/Mar/2007 14:12:15
      22/Mar/2007 19:45:46
      22/Mar/2007 22:46:19
      23/Mar/2007 14:40:07
      23/Mar/2007 14:40:23
      23/Mar/2007 15:58:46
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
        Hi, it looks like your xrange argument needs to be enclosed in quotes on
        the command line. Also the format of your dates in the range argument
        (dd-mmm-yyyy) is not the same as that in your data (dd/mmm/yyyy).

        Steve