graph result = big black box

  • Actaeus
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 11:22 AM
      Greetings,

      uname -a results for OS: Linux ted1 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp #1 SMP Tue
      Mar 14 16:05:46 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

      Hopefully I can get this program to work as I am excited to use it.
      I downloaded the precompiled binaries and tried to make a stack graph
      and the processing seems to be fine but my result graph is just a
      black box.

      I then downloaded the src and compiled it myself, retried with same
      result.

      I then tried the prefab stack example.

      debug.txt:
      0 100 2 100 4 100 3 100 4
      1.5 92 4 94 7 87 6 86 5
      3 89 4 92 8 78 6 74 4

      command line:
      [root@ted1 src]# pl -prefab stack data=/root/graphdata/debug.txt x=1
      y=2 y2=4 y3=6 y4=8 -debug

      Device code is x
      Version: pl 2.33-Jun'06
      Script file is: /root/ploticus/pl233src/prefabs/stack.pl
      Script file successfully opened
      Executing settings
      Executing getdata
      filling data set# 0
      getdata has read 3 records; there are 9 fields per record.
      Got 3 records, 9 fields per record.
      (endproc)
      Executing areadef
      categories in x: list of size=250 malloced
      Autorange on y: min=0 to max=500
      areadef: lowerleft: 1,2 upperright: 5.5,4
      areadef: xrange is 0 to 4. yrange is 0 to 500.
      Executing xaxis
      Executing yaxis
      Executing bars
      Executing bars
      Executing bars
      Executing bars

      but still get the black box for a result.

      I then tried loading the stock.htm and got the same graph result but
      with a few note comments added:
      [root@ted1 src]# pl stock.htm -debug

      Device code is x
      Version: pl 2.33-Jun'06
      Script file is: stock.htm
      Script file successfully opened
      Executing page
      Executing getdata
      filling data set# 0
      getdata has read 92 records; there are 6 fields per record.
      Executing transform
      filling data set# 1 (this will now be the current data set)
      Executing areadef
      areadef: lowerleft: 1,3 upperright: 5,5
      areadef: xrange is 01-Jan-99 to 01-Jun-99. yrange is 45 to 65.
      Executing xaxis
      Executing yaxis
      Executing bars
      note: pl proc bars encountered 1 unplottable data values
      Executing lineplot
      note: pl proc lineplot encountered 1 unplottable data values
      Executing curvefit
      note: pl proc curvefit encountered 1 unplottable data values
      Executing legend
      Executing areadef
      areadef: lowerleft: 1,1.6 upperright: 5,2.6
      areadef: xrange is 01-Jan-99 to 01-Jun-99. yrange is 0 to 30000000.
      Executing xaxis
      Executing yaxis
      Executing bars
      note: pl proc bars encountered 1 unplottable data values

      Hopefully, this is a simple config issue and any advice or suggestions
      would be greatly appreciated.

      Regards,
      ~L
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16 4:57 AM

        it seems like it might be an x11-related problem.. perhaps theres an xlib
        version issue or something like that. Is that a fairly old linux version?

        Another thing to try, to verify that the pl engine itself is working ok...
        are you able to create a png image?

        (pl -png -prefab stat .....)

        -Steve