unicode/utf-8 does not work for stdout

  • Morten Bjørnsvik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hi

      If I plot using pl's internal x11 interface
      pl test.plotdefs -font "Arial" unicode works correct

      I use the following:
      pl test.plotdefs -font "Arial" -png -o stdout > test.png

      Unicode characters are not printed correctly.
      It does not seem to honour the -font setting either

      Is there any other way to print to stdout which work like the x11
      interface.

      Is it a limitation in the console (it uses an unicode font)

      I use various linux suse10, redhat4
      pl version: ploticus 2.33-Jun'06 (unix)

      Thanks for a great program

      --
      Morten Bjoernsvik, Oslo, Norway
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2007
        Hi Morten,

        One option would be to build ploticus with freetype2 font support.. see
        the Makefile. This would allow generation of PNG to stdout, using
        freetype2 fonts, and using a freetype2-aware version of GD.

        I don't really know what else to tell you, besides what is described on
        the fonts man page http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/fonts.html

        Let me know how this goes,

        -Steve