Feature request for next version of ploticus...

  • Eric Hudson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2006

      Steve,

      For the next release of ploticus could you add a feature that would allow us to plot date/time in reverse order?

      Thanks,

      Eric.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
        Eric, this is difficult... ploticus has some deeply-rooted coding that
        would need to be reworked support hi-to-low axes of any type.

        Also, display of time in reverse seems unusual.. are you sure this is what
        you want?

        Steve

        On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Eric Hudson wrote:

        > Steve,
        >

        > For the next release of ploticus could you add a feature that would allow us
        > to plot date/time in reverse order?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >

        > Eric.

      • Andrew Schulman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
          > > For the next release of ploticus could you add a feature that would allow us
          > > to plot date/time in reverse order?
          >
          > Eric, this is difficult... ploticus has some deeply-rooted coding that
          > would need to be reworked support hi-to-low axes of any type.
          >
          > Also, display of time in reverse seems unusual.. are you sure this is what
          > you want?

          That is a very unusual feature. It would seem to me to make more sense to
          conserve the sole ploticus developer's time, and let the few people who
          need a reverse time scale implement it themselves by doing some
          calculations and creating categories.
        • Eric Hudson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
            Steve,

            I would like to use ploticus to display strip charts. Strip charts usually
            display time in reverse order and the graph is displayed vertically. By
            having the time reversed puts the current time at the top of the chart. If
            this feature were implemented it would make my charts look identical to that
            of a paper chart recorder that outputs graphs in this format.

            Eric.

            Eric, this is difficult... ploticus has some deeply-rooted coding that
            would need to be reworked support hi-to-low axes of any type.

            Also, display of time in reverse seems unusual.. are you sure this is what
            you want?

            Steve

            On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Eric Hudson wrote:

            > Steve,
            >

            > For the next release of ploticus could you add a feature that would allow
            us
            > to plot date/time in reverse order?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >

            > Eric.