How can I increase legend symbol size?

  • pmlebiot
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2006

      I am using scatterplot to draw tens of thousands of points. Therefore
      I use symbols with a small radius (0.01 cm) which is fine for the plot.

      But it is the same size that is used to draw the legend, for which it
      is much too small.

      I tried the swatchsize attribute but it was not helpful.

      Is there a way to increase the size of the symbol in the legend
      independently from the size specified in the scatterplot procedure?

      Thanks.
      Pierre-Marie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2006
        Pierre-Marie,

        you could do this as follows. Don't specify legendlabel in your proc
        scatterplot. Instead use a separate proc legendlabel. Then you have
        total control over the size of the symbol appearing in the legend (and
        everything else).

        eg/

        #proc scatterplot

        #proc legendentry
        sampletype: symbol
        details: shape=diamond size=0.05 color=....

        #proc legend

        On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, pmlebiot wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am using scatterplot to draw tens of thousands of points. Therefore
        > I use symbols with a small radius (0.01 cm) which is fine for the plot.
        >
        > But it is the same size that is used to draw the legend, for which it
        > is much too small.
        >
        > I tried the swatchsize attribute but it was not helpful.
        >
        > Is there a way to increase the size of the symbol in the legend
        > independently from the size specified in the scatterplot procedure?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Pierre-Marie

      • pmlebiot
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2006