bug introduced in 2.33 - proc getdata - filter - number of data fields

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006

      This is a fairly serious bug that was introduced in version 2.33.

      Your script may be affected by this bug if ALL of the following are true:

      1) you use proc getdata's filter attribute to process incoming data
      2) you specify field names or your data file has a field name header
      3) your filter produces more fields than the original data source

      The bug causes the filter's result to be limited to the number of fields
      in the original data source.

      It is possible that certain prefabs may be affected by this bug when
      fieldnameheader=xxx is used.

      A workaround is to remove these lines from proc_getdata.c
      361 /* if field names given and nfields not given, set expected # .. */
      362 if( reqnfields <= 0 && nfldnames > 0 ) reqnfields = nfldnames;

      I had added these lines as a fix to another problem, but I neglected to
      take filters into account.

      I'll fully exmine the issue and post a fix as soon as possible. Thanks to
      James Srinivasan for reporting this issue.