How to pass datafile to pl scripts

  • ywang1031
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Hello,

      I am new to ploticus and have to integrate with a project. I am going to
      create many gantt charts, however, I did not find prefabs with gantt charts.
      I am going to use pl scripts to generate, then, how could I parameterize
      those input , such as: datafile path, legend...

      like:
      pl -gif data=file x=1 y=2 -o result.gif

      Can I do that?

      Thanks very much

      Yi
    • abhishek.ramanujam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
        --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, "ywang1031" <ywang1031@...> wrote:
        Hi
        Does your gantt chart mean the deafult ones that are mostly used -
        that aims to show the timing of tasks or activities as they occur over
        time. If so, here is your solution.

        Usage: pl -gif gantt.pl data=gantt.txt

        // Specify data using proc getdata
        #proc getdata
        file: gantt.txt
        /* not a part of this code. must be seperate*/
        example file gantt.txt
        y1 0 3
        y2 3 8
        y3 8 11
        y4 11 12

        // Define plotting are using proc areadef
        #proc areadef
        rectangle: 1 1 4 1.8
        xrange: 0 12
        yscaletype: categories
        ycategories: datafield 1

        // Define yaxis using proc yaxis
        #proc yaxis
        stubs: categories
        grid: color=powderblue

        // Define xaxis using proc xaxis
        #proc xaxis
        stubs: inc 6
        grid: color=red style=2
        label: months

        // Render the bars using proc bars
        // with segmentfields tails
        #proc bars
        color: powderblue
        axis: x
        locfield: 1
        segmentfields: 2 3
        barwidth: 0.06
        outline: no
        tails: 0.1

        I have tried it, the plot came oyt as expected. Try. I learnt this
        only be trying.

        bye
        Abhishek
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          Yi, parameterizing your input is simple.

          Write your script

          #proc getdata
          file: @data

          Then invoke your script like this: pl myscript data=mydata ....

          If you come up with a generalized robust gantt script I'd certainly
          consider adding it as a new prefab.

          -Steve