Re: [ploticus] tab with multiple bars in chron prefab

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2006
      Raj, here's what I would try:

      1) run your command and use the -echo stdout option to write the
      underlying script to standard output, and capture it into a file.

      2) edit the file and duplicate the script code so you have 3 instances

      3) in the first instance, find the #proc bars and add the attribute
      cluster: 1 / 3

      4) remove the #proc areadef and #proc axis blocks from the 2nd and 3rd
      instances. You want to do all your drawing in one plotting area.

      5) in the 2nd instance, find the #proc bars and add the attribute
      cluster: 2 / 3 also change the lenfield to use data field 3.

      6) also in the 2nd instance, change the getdata script so that it is
      tabulating on field 3 rather than field 2.

      7) in the 3rd instance, repeat steps (4) and (5), using data field 4 and
      cluster: 3 / 3

      Then do pl scriptfile .... it will read your data file 3 times,
      tabulate 3 times, and generate 3 sets of bars (left, center, right) all in
      one plotting area.

      I put this together from memory and may have left something out, but this
      gives the general idea.

      Steve