Horizontal line in addition to chron plot

  • csw_620
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2006
      I started using plocticus about 1-2 years ago.
      To graph the values I collect for disk consumption in my server farm.

      I'd like to alter the graph so that it has one of the following in
      addition to the existing chron prefab plot.

      #1 - Set the top edge of the graph to an exact predefined value (the
      disk max capacity)
      #2 - Draw a horizontal line across the entire graph

      Thought I could do #1 by passing ymax but that had no effect. Graph
      kept being drawn with the tool choosing the top value, always the
      next hash increment (usually divisible by 10).

      Tried #2 by calling proc lineplot, firstpoint, and lastx but could
      not get that to work either (see below).

      Thanks for any help.

      Prefabs dir is: E:\Data\webroot\DiskGrowth\cgi-bin\prefabs
      Script file is E:\Data\webroot\DiskGrowth\cgi-bin\prefabs\chron.pl
      Got command line arg(s): chron
      Got command line arg(s): x=1
      Got command line arg(s): y=2
      Got command line arg(s): xgrid=yes
      Got command line arg(s): ygrid=yes
      Got command line arg(s): xinc=7
      Got command line arg(s): xnearest=monday
      Got command line arg(s): stubvert=no
      Got command line arg(s): xstubfmt=dd
      Got command line arg(s): automonths=MMM
      Got command line arg(s): title=SDCBTRP03
      Got command line arg(s): name=E: DATA
      Got command line arg(s): xrange=8/17/2005 2/16/2006
      Got command line arg(s):
      data=E:\Data\Webroot\DiskGrowth\temp\radD14FF.tmp
      Got command line arg(s): lineplot
      Got command line arg(s): yfield=2
      Got command line arg(s): firstpoint=8/17/2005 135
      Got command line arg(s): lastx=2/16/2006
      Got command line arg(s): linedetails
      Got command line arg(s): color=red
      Got command line arg(s): width=0.5
      Got command line arg(s): style=0
      Got command line arg(s): gapmissing=yes
      Device code is g
      Setting output file name to stdout
      Version: pl 2.31
      operating in CGI mode
      Script file is: E:\Data\webroot\DiskGrowth\cgi-bin\prefabs\chron.pl
      Script file successfully opened
      Executing settings
      Executing settings
      Executing getdata
      filling data set# 0
      getdata has read 335 records; there are 2 fields per record.
      (endproc)
      Executing areadef
      Autorange on y: min=50 to max=150
      areadef: lowerleft: 1,2 upperright: 5.5,4
      areadef: xrange is 8/17/2005 to 2/16/2006. yrange is 50 to 150.
      Executing yaxis
      Executing xaxis
      Executing annotate
      (endproc)
      Executing lineplot
      Executing legend
      Done with page. Writing out result file. Computed bounding box is:
      0.63 , 1.36 to 5.58 , 4.37
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006

        To set a fixed y axis max, use the 'yrange' parameter.

        You may be able to draw a horizontal line by specifying an 'include1' or
        'include2' parameter, and then supplying a small file containing script
        code invoking #proc lines

        These parameters are documented here:
        http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/prefab_stdparms.html

        Steve