Big numbers

  • Philip Coombes
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm having a bit of a problem with some big numbers on the Y Axis of a
      stacked bar chart. The numbers go from 500000 to 4500000, but all but the
      first are written as 1.0e+06 etc. I've trawled the docs and can't find any
      way to control this. I've also tried the 'format' option on autorange (which
      may be inappropriate but it's not extensively documented) but the whole
      things barfs and dies completed when I do.

      Any clues gratefully accepted.

      Cheers,

      Philip Coombes
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2002
        Philip,

        I think the 'stubformat' attribute will solve your problem.
        The following gives me proper stubs:

        #proc areadef
        rectangle: 1 1 5 4
        xrange: 0 100
        yrange: 500000 4500000
        yaxis.stubs: inc 500000
        yaxis.stubformat: %7.0f

        -Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2002
          > I think the 'stubformat' attribute will solve your problem.
          > The following gives me proper stubs:

          Thanks Steve,

          This did the trick!

          Cheers,

          Phil,
        • Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW)
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2002
            I want my yrange values to be dynamic and auto adjust instead of having to define them. Is there a setting for that?
            I think the 'stubformat' attribute will solve your problem.
            The following gives me proper stubs:

            #proc areadef
              rectangle: 1 1 5 4
              xrange: 0 100
              yrange: 500000 4500000
              yaxis.stubs: inc 500000
              yaxis.stubformat: %7.0f

            -Steve

            On Wed, 15 May 2002, Philip Coombes wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm having a bit of a problem with some big numbers on the Y Axis of a
            > stacked bar chart. The numbers go from 500000 to 4500000, but all but the
            > first are written as 1.0e+06 etc. I've trawled the docs and can't find any
            > way to control this. I've also tried the 'format' option on autorange (which
            > may be inappropriate but it's not extensively documented) but the whole
            > things barfs and dies completed when I do.

              Stephen C. Grubb    scg@...
              600 Main Street  Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA

            Message 5 of 5 , May 30, 2002
              Yes, use yautorange (or xautorange).

              An example is:

              http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/stockday.htm