Fwd: ploticus compilation problems

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2005
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Steve Grubb <stevegrubb@...>
      Date: Oct 19, 2005 12:09 PM
      Subject: Re: ploticus compilation problems
      To: Dennis Lubert

      Dennis,

      I've removed the   char *strchr()   line from functions.c - will appear in next release.

      thanks for finding this issue - my -Wall didn't say anything.

      I don't have any experience w/ configure but I agree it might be nice to have.

      - Steve

      On 10/19/05, Dennis Lubert wrote:
      Hi,

      in src/functions.c line 649 pl 2.32 sources there is something that
      seems to be a function declaration for the strchr function. However on
      some systems strchr is a macro, and since string.h was already included,
      it should always be in place, so this line is not only not necessary, it
      fails compiling in case strchr is defined as a macro, as the
      preprocessor tries to expand it but cannot find two parameters.
      This happens here so ploticus compile fails.

      Further there should be a configure program checking for all the
      necessary libraries and headers.

      greets

      Dennis