draw.pl

  • alexander_kuehn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2005
      I'm trying to use -drawdump and draw.pl to generate an image, but it's
      not working.
      I've used the bars prefab to generate a gif image, then set the output
      to a dumpfile using -drawdump and then tried to generate the image
      from the dump:
      pl "draw.pl" dumpfile="dump" -gif -o "index.gif"
      then without printing out anything or creating the output image, the
      prompt returns. :(
      I used the binary from the site (2.32 (win32))

      This is the dump:
      >----------snip-----------<
      F 0.000 0.000 /Helvetica
      I 10.000 0.000
      Y 0.600 1.000 0
      O 0.000 0.000
      O 0.000 0.000
      M 1.790 5.120
      T 0.000 0.000 [W]
      I 8.000 0.000
      M 1.850 1.958
      J 0.000 0.000 0
      Y 0.500 1.000 0
      M 1.930 2.000
      L 2.000 2.000
      M 1.850 2.307
      J 0.000 0.000 2000
      M 1.930 2.348
      L 2.000 2.348
      M 1.850 2.655
      J 0.000 0.000 4000
      M 1.930 2.696
      L 2.000 2.696
      M 1.850 3.003
      J 0.000 0.000 6000
      M 1.930 3.045
      L 2.000 3.045
      M 1.850 3.351
      J 0.000 0.000 8000
      M 1.930 3.393
      L 2.000 3.393
      M 1.850 3.699
      J 0.000 0.000 10000
      M 1.930 3.741
      L 2.000 3.741
      M 1.850 4.047
      J 0.000 0.000 12000
      M 1.930 4.089
      L 2.000 4.089
      M 1.850 4.396
      J 0.000 0.000 14000
      M 1.930 4.437
      L 2.000 4.437
      M 1.850 4.744
      J 0.000 0.000 16000
      M 1.930 4.786
      L 2.000 4.786
      M 2.000 2.000
      L 2.000 5.000
      I 10.000 0.000
      M 4.500 1.600
      C 0.000 0.000 9. Sep 2005
      M 2.000 1.970
      L 2.000 2.000
      M 2.313 1.970
      L 2.313 2.000
      M 2.625 1.970
      L 2.625 2.000
      M 2.938 1.970
      L 2.938 2.000
      M 3.250 1.970
      L 3.250 2.000
      M 3.563 1.970
      L 3.563 2.000
      M 3.875 1.970
      L 3.875 2.000
      M 4.188 1.970
      L 4.188 2.000
      M 4.500 1.970
      L 4.500 2.000
      M 4.813 1.970
      L 4.813 2.000
      M 5.125 1.970
      L 5.125 2.000
      M 5.438 1.970
      L 5.438 2.000
      M 5.750 1.970
      L 5.750 2.000
      M 6.063 1.970
      L 6.063 2.000
      M 6.375 1.970
      L 6.375 2.000
      M 6.688 1.970
      L 6.688 2.000
      I 8.000 0.000
      M 2.000 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 4:00
      M 2.000 1.930
      L 2.000 2.000
      M 2.625 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 5:00
      M 2.625 1.930
      L 2.625 2.000
      M 3.250 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 6:00
      M 3.250 1.930
      L 3.250 2.000
      M 3.875 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 7:00
      M 3.875 1.930
      L 3.875 2.000
      M 4.500 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 8:00
      M 4.500 1.930
      L 4.500 2.000
      M 5.125 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 9:00
      M 5.125 1.930
      L 5.125 2.000
      M 5.750 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 10:00
      M 5.750 1.930
      L 5.750 2.000
      M 6.375 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 11:00
      M 6.375 1.930
      L 6.375 2.000
      M 7.000 1.791
      C 0.000 0.000 12:00
      M 7.000 1.930
      L 7.000 2.000
      M 2.000 2.000
      L 7.000 2.000
      Y 1.000 1.000 0
      M 2.000 4.285
      r 0.000 0.000 green
      L 2.156 4.285
      L 2.313 4.161
      L 2.469 4.256
      L 2.625 4.036
      L 2.781 4.278
      L 2.938 4.500
      L 3.094 3.875
      L 3.250 4.206
      L 3.406 4.049
      L 3.563 4.072
      L 3.719 4.099
      L 3.875 4.162
      L 4.031 4.207
      L 4.188 3.983
      L 4.344 3.871
      L 4.500 4.246
      L 4.656 4.225
      L 4.813 3.951
      L 4.969 3.767
      L 5.125 4.325
      L 5.281 4.449
      L 5.438 4.263
      L 5.594 4.161
      L 5.750 4.394
      L 5.906 4.490
      L 6.063 4.424
      L 6.219 4.052
      L 6.375 2.000
      L 6.531 2.000
      L 6.688 2.000
      L 6.844 4.195
      L 7.000 2.000
      >----------snip-----------<
    • alexander_kuehn
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2005
        Ok, I think I just solved it ;)
        the name of the actual dumpfile was
        "C:\DOKUME~1\akuehn\LOKALE~1\Temp\4" which was probably not opened due
        to some bug in draw.pl or ploticus, when I use a simple filename in
        the local directory it works just fine.
        That's kinda odd, one would at least expect draw.pl to complain about it..

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2005
          Alexander, I was able to recreate this problem.

          I believe the problem is in draw.pl.. try this version:

          draw.pl
          --------------

          // ability to display dumpfile .... scg 8/5/04
          #setifnotgiven dumpfile = ""
          #if @dumpfile != ""
          #proc drawcommands
          dumpfile: @dumpfile

          #endproc
          #exit
          #endif

          #setifnotgiven xrange = "0 8"
          #setifnotgiven yrange = "0 8"
          #setifnotgiven rectangle = "0 0 8 8"
          #musthave cmdfile

          #proc areadef
          rectangle: @rectangle
          xrange: @xrange
          yrange: @yrange

          #proc drawcommands
          file: @cmdfile

          On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, alexander_kuehn wrote:

          > Ok, I think I just solved it ;)
          > the name of the actual dumpfile was
          > "C:\DOKUME~1\akuehn\LOKALE~1\Temp\4" which was probably not opened due
          > to some bug in draw.pl or ploticus, when I use a simple filename in
          > the local directory it works just fine.
          > That's kinda odd, one would at least expect draw.pl to complain about it..
          >
          > --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_kuehn" <nagilum@n...> wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > I'm trying to use -drawdump and draw.pl to generate an image, but it's
          > > not working.
          > > I've used the bars prefab to generate a gif image, then set the output
          > > to a dumpfile using -drawdump and then tried to generate the image
          > > from the dump:
          > > pl "draw.pl" dumpfile="dump" -gif -o "index.gif"
          > > then without printing out anything or creating the output image, the
          > > prompt returns. :(
          > > I used the binary from the site (2.32 (win32))
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Stephen C. Grubb x-6633