Grid issues using Log scale

  • bungle3088
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      First off, thanks Steve for freely providing such a powerful graphing
      tool!

      Now, my issue.I'm having some trouble getting the grid lines to show
      up properly using the log scale. In my example, I'm trying to plot
      data from 0.1 to 100 in the x axis. The tic-marks show up properly at
      the specified points but the x-axis grid only shows up from 10 to 100.

      Am I setting something up incorrectly?

      Here's some sample code that shows my problem:

      #proc page
      pagesize: 10 6

      #proc getdata
      Data:
      1 3.3
      2 3.1
      .2 3.5
      90 3.4

      #proc areadef
      rectangle: 1 1 9 5

      xrange: 0.1 100
      xaxis.grid: color=gray(0.8)
      xscaletype: log

      yrange 3 3.6
      yaxis.stubs: inc .2
      yaxis.grid: color=gray(0.8)

      #proc xaxis
      selflocatingstubs: text
      .1 .1
      1 1
      10 10
      100 100

      #proc xaxis
      axisline: none
      selflocatingstubs: text
      .1
      .2
      .3
      .4
      .5
      .6
      .7
      .8
      .9
      1
      2
      3
      4
      5
      6
      7
      8
      9
      10
      20
      30
      40
      50
      60
      70
      80
      90
      100

      #proc scatterplot
      xfield: 1
      yfield: 2
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005

        you need to put the grid specification in the proc xaxis block where you
        render your value-specific stubs. See my changes below. -Steve

        On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, bungle3088 wrote:

        > First off, thanks Steve for freely providing such a powerful graphing
        > tool!
        >
        > Now, my issue.I'm having some trouble getting the grid lines to show
        > up properly using the log scale. In my example, I'm trying to plot
        > data from 0.1 to 100 in the x axis. The tic-marks show up properly at
        > the specified points but the x-axis grid only shows up from 10 to 100.
        >
        > Am I setting something up incorrectly?
        >
        > Here's some sample code that shows my problem:
        >
        > #proc page
        > pagesize: 10 6
        >
        > #proc getdata
        > Data:
        > 1 3.3
        > 2 3.1
        > .2 3.5
        > 90 3.4
        >
        > #proc areadef
        > rectangle: 1 1 9 5
        >
        > xrange: 0.1 100
        > // xaxis.grid: color=gray(0.8) // Don't do this here -scg
        > xscaletype: log
        >
        > yrange 3 3.6
        > yaxis.stubs: inc .2
        > yaxis.grid: color=gray(0.8)