Re: [ploticus] Modifiying orientation of gridlines

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21 12:16 PM
      Brian,

      ploticus can only do real axes that are horizontal or vertical.

      you can certainly draw arbitray diagonal lines using proc line, but these
      would be just lines, not axes.

      I found a Skew-T Log P example on the web
      http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap07/skewt_ggw.gif

      which appears to have a log Y axis and a linear X axis, also the diagonal
      lines. If you can figure out a way to draw all these lines using standard
      x y coordinates you might be able to get something to work... otherwise I
      guess ploticus isn't a solution for you. -Steve

      On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Brian wrote:

      > Good day,
      >
      > I've been look into Ploticus recently as I try to find a solution for
      > creating a certain graph called a Skew-T Log P. What I need for this
      > is a logarithmic Y axis (which I know Ploticus can do). But I also
      > need my x axis grid lines to be skewed, in other words diagonal
      > running from the bottom left to top right of the graph. Is it
      > possible to do this in Ploticus?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Stephen C. Grubb
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 5:06 AM
        Steve,

        Thank you very much for the quick response. I will play around a
        little with it, but for continuity of analyzing these graphs, we
        really need the skewed x axis gridlines.

        I must say however, Ploticus seems like a powerful tool, and I will
        keep this in mind for future projects.

        Best regards,

        Brian