Two graphs same xaxis

  • Jamie Echlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005

      Can someone help me out here, I'm losing the plot with this one. I want to
      show two different graphs on the same #proc page, sharing a common x-axis
      which should appear once at the bottom. I have two different data sets so am
      using #proc getdata twice. All the points in the second data set will fall
      within the x maxima and minima of the first data set.

      Basically I want to use autorange on the first data set, and use that as the
      axis params for the second. I'm doing that with the @DATAXMIN and MAX vars,
      but that gets the absolute start and end of the data, whereas I want
      sensible start and end points, which it chooses if you use autorange. I've
      tried saveas and clone but that doesn't do what I want.

      Please see output:
      http://www.onresolve.com/scratch/11074317910.845886230468754768.svg

      and script file:
      http://www.onresolve.com/scratch/11074317910.845886230468754768.txt.

      Thanks for any advice
      jamie

      --
      http://www.onresolve.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        Jamie,

        try @XMIN and @XMAX (proc areadef)

        these are the start and end points chosen by autorange

        Steve