ploticus AIX install question (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2005
      [I received this and don't have an answer for him.. forwarding to the
      group -Steve]

      I have several questions. The first one is, is there a difference between
      the AIX 4.33 and 5.1 versions, and do I need an AIX 5.2 version when we
      upgrade AIX in a few weeks?

      The second question is, I downloaded the binary for aix 4.33 and I used tar
      to extract it, but tar only gave me 1 file, pl. Isn't there supposed to be
      other files as well? The troubleshooting guide says there should be a
      ./prefabs directory. The extract only created /usr/local/bin.

      Any help would be great.

      Nick Dorshorst