Re: SVG "DOCTYPE" errors, etc. (fwd)

  • dagoldman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
      This happened to me too, but only with windows output:

      Linux 2.20 output - http://www.ehdp.com/out/linux.svg
      Windows 2.30 output - http://www.ehdp.com/out/windows.svg
      I downloaded the windows binary directly from ploticus website
      IE 6.0 status line "bad CSS property or descriptor declaration"
      Only happens with windows.svg - linux.svg has no error message
      Happens when mouse hovers over some parts of the image
      "diff linux.svg windows.svg" - http://www.ehdp.com/out/svg-diff.txt
      DOCTYPE is different, and windows version has extra <g> tags
      I don't know enough about svg to say anything really intelligent
      Using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 - Also used Acrobat 6.0 - same thing happened
      Using SVG viewer 3.02

      Daniel

      --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen C. Grubb" <scg@j...> wrote:
      > Here's a thread I'm passing on to the group. It's not clear to me
      what's
      > going on here. -Steve

      MSIE
      > > browser?
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Trish Isbell
      > > Lockheed Martin IS&S
      > > Trisha.G.Isbell@l...
      > > Work Phone: (301) 240-7232
      > > Joint Tactical Communications Lab Phone: (301) 240-5410
      > >
      > > P.S. My first name is Trish. My last name is Isbell.

      I can
      > > view the new SVG
      > > eg. http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/svg_mouseover.svg
      > >
      > > on MSIE without any errors.
      > >
      > > If you look at http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-
      20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd
      > > it
      > > indicates "SVG 1.0", while
      > >
      > > http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/DTD/svg-20001102.dtd
      > > indicates "SVG (working draft)"
      > >
      > > to me this sounds like the newer one should be prefered and
      possibly
      > > your
      > > viewer may not be up to date, but I really don't know too much
      about
      > > these
      > > wacky XML details.
      > >
      > > Steve
      > >

      > > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Isbell, Trisha G wrote:
      > >
      > > > Using a Windows 2000 platform, in version 2.30 of Ploticus,
      error
      > > > message warnings occur, listed in the status bar, of resultant
      SVG