Changing stub's text

  • vfun_00
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2005
      I would like to be able to change what goes into a stub's text. For
      instance, if my X axis data represents minutes since midnight, I want
      to be able to convert it back to hh:mm format just before the stubs
      are rendered, but without affecting the actual plot. Could someone
      give me a pointer as to how I would script this either in an existing
      prefab or in a separate version of one? Thanks.

      -V
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2005

        this doesn't sound like something that would be easy to do in a prefab.

        if you were writing a script it might be possible to use #proc getdata
        filter to produce an additional data field containing the hh:mm equivalent
        using the time functions. Plot your data as minutes since midnight,
        without drawing X stubs right away.. then do an "overlay" by redefining
        the axes for the same plotting area (using hh:mm for X), and render X
        stubs in hh:mm.

        Steve