RE: [ploticus] makes pie on linux, not windows

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
      On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Jamie Echlin wrote:

      > Steve: On a slightly separate note I have an issue with diagfile, and that
      > is according to the docs it should capture all non-error messages. However
      > if you do #write stdout ... you would expect that output to go to the
      > diagfile, whereas in fact it goes to stdout.

      Jamie,

      diagfile captures all non-error messages produced by the pl app, but
      messages produced by #write are considered a different thing. I can see
      where it would be useful to have them all go to the same file, but
      internally this may be a bit difficult to make work because #write is part
      of a general script interpreter package that doesn't have access to
      ploticus parameters. A workaround would be to pass the file in via a
      variable, eg. pl -diagfile foo.txt DIAGFILE=foo.txt .....

      then

      #write @DIAGFILE