RE: [ploticus] makes pie on linux, not windows

  • Jamie Echlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
      Works fine for me using 2.30 on winxp... Tried any other output types?

      Steve: On a slightly separate note I have an issue with diagfile, and that
      is according to the docs it should capture all non-error messages. However
      if you do #write stdout ... you would expect that output to go to the
      diagfile, whereas in fact it goes to stdout.

      Cheers, jamie

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
        Daniel,

        I've noted this issue and will see if there's any way it can be improved
        when I put together the next build.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
          On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Jamie Echlin wrote:

          > Steve: On a slightly separate note I have an issue with diagfile, and that
          > is according to the docs it should capture all non-error messages. However
          > if you do #write stdout ... you would expect that output to go to the
          > diagfile, whereas in fact it goes to stdout.

          Jamie,

          diagfile captures all non-error messages produced by the pl app, but
          messages produced by #write are considered a different thing. I can see
          where it would be useful to have them all go to the same file, but
          internally this may be a bit difficult to make work because #write is part
          of a general script interpreter package that doesn't have access to
          ploticus parameters. A workaround would be to pass the file in via a
          variable, eg. pl -diagfile foo.txt DIAGFILE=foo.txt .....

          then

          #write @DIAGFILE