BUG: omitweekends is omitting wrong days of week in 2.30

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hi again,

      Ploticus 2.30 date arithmetic package has a bug whereby day-of-week
      calculation is wrong. This causes plots that use omitweekends to omit the
      wrong days of the week. This was an undesired side-effect of some work I
      did this past summer on the date arithmetic package.. I had changed the
      base julian date to 1/1/1970 (from 1/1/1977) but it turns out there were
      hidden dependencies on the fact that 1/1/1977 was a saturday.

      Thanks to the astute users who alerted me to this issue.

      The fixed dates.c is available here:
      http://ploticus.sf.net/download/dates.c

      place it in your src directory and do a make clean; make

      Pls let me know of any further suspicious behavior noted, especially
      related to day of the week!

      Because of this and the earlier bug I will try to get a 2.31 out soon.
      Just a week or two ago the person who did the AIX ports wanted to
      know if 2.30 was "stable".. I said yes and then look what bubbled to the
      surface. Ain't it always the way..