scatterplot with backwards axis

  • randomcoil
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2002
      Hello,

      Is there an easy way to make a scatterplot with reversed axes
      (negative is "up" and "right" rather than "down" and "left")? I'm
      rather new to ploticus, but from what I can see, this would represent
      a significant undertaking. Thanks for your help.

      randomcoil@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        > Is there an easy way to make a scatterplot with reversed axes
        > (negative is "up" and "right" rather than "down" and "left")? I'm
        > rather new to ploticus, but from what I can see, this would represent
        > a significant undertaking. Thanks for your help.

        Yes, this is possible. The underlying axis system of ploticus can
        only go from low to high, but by flipping the sign on data fields
        as well as on the axis stubs, you can achieve the desired results.

        Suppose the following data are in file negscat.dat:
        2 2
        0 0
        -8 -8

        This script should give the desired results.

        #proc getdata
        file: negscat.dat
        filter: ##set NEG1 = $arith(@@1*-1)
        ##set NEG2 = $arith(@@2*-1)