Reference Line

  • unixtamer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hi All,

      I am new to ploticus. So far, I like it very much for what I am using
      it for.

      I do have a question though. I am attempting to plot some numeric
      data, cumilatively over a period of time (Availability numbers). The
      prefab 'chron' was a good start, and so far I have been able to add
      the things I need. What I can't figure out how to do is

      1) Make the Y-axis stubs be numeric values that I specify (i.e.
      99.900, 99.990, 99.999, 100.000)

      2) How to set a 'reference' line (The reference line will more than
      likely have to appear at a value that is not a stub on the y axis) -
      for example - the Y axis contains the labels I mentioned previously
      (99.900, etc), but I need a solid red reference line at 99.200

      the reason for the reference line(s) is so that I can have an upper
      and lower threshold marker

      Any help would be greatly appreciated

      Daren Eason
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        Darren,

        here's an example that does these things:

        #proc areadef
        rectangle: 1 1 3 7
        xrange: 0 100
        yrange: 99 100
        yaxis.selflocatingstubs: text
        99.900 99.900
        99.990 99.990
        99.999 99.999
        100.000 100.000

        yaxis.stubdetails: size=6
        #endproc

        #proc line
        notation: scaled
        linedetails: color=red
        points: @XMIN 99.2 @XMAX 99.2
        #endproc

        one problem.. the stubs overlap.. but that's pretty much a given if you
        need to show stubs at 99.999 as well as 100.000

        Steve