746Re: [ploticus] Ploticus Hangs on big numbers

    Feb 6, 2004

      your script had a couple of problems...

      be sure that the data field you use with autorange is the one you will be
      plotting.. you were doing yautorange=2 but then plotting field 3.

      the bigger issue is the way ploticus hangs.. this is caused by the x axis
      in plot 2.. where no stub increment is specified. This is a known race
      condition bug which will be fixed in the next release, when no stub
      increment is specified, or when stubs: none is specified.

      Workaround is to specify stubs: inc
      or omit the X axis altogether (which seemed like a possiblity in this

      It's a good looking graph.

      I'll check your follow-up post now.

      // here's your script, modified to work:

      #proc getdata
      showresults: yes
      fieldnameheader: no
      delim: comma

      // Define a plotting area using proc areadef
      #proc areadef
      title: Stuff
      rectangle: 1 1 6 5
      xscaletype: categories
      xcategories: datafield=1
      autowidth: .2 3.0 5
      // yautorange: datafield=2
      yautorange: datafield=3

      // Do the red curve using proc lineplot
      #proc lineplot
      xfield: 1
      yfield: 3
      linedetails: color=red
      // ptlabelfield: 2

      #proc xaxis
      tics: yes
      stubs: datafields=1
      stubvert: yes
      grid: no
      axisline: width=2.5 color=green
      stubdetails: size=6

      #proc yaxis
      tics: yes
      grid: yes
      stubs: incremental
      stubcull: yes
      stubformat: %12.0f
      axisline: width=2.0 color=green
      stubdetails: size=7

      //--------------------Next Graph------------------------

      #proc areadef
      title: Total Flows
      rectangle: 6.8 1 7 5
      yscaletype: categories
      ycategories: datafield=1
      // xautorange: datafield=2
      xautorange: datafield=3
      // autowidth: .2 3.0 7

      #proc bars
      horizontalbars: yes
      color: redorange
      lenfield: 3
      numbersformat: %12.0f
      labelword: @@N
      labeldetails: size=6

      // BUG - race condition when no stub inc is specified, or stubs: none
      // #proc xaxis
      // grid: no
      // tics: no
      // labeldetails: align=left

      #proc yaxis
      stubs: datafields=1
      stubdetails: size=6

      The nature of my data is this: field one is a date and is used only as
      a label. Field 2 is always smaller than field 3 and field 4. If I use
      field 3 or 4 as my plottable data, it either graphs nothing in the
      case of the line plot, or it hangs, in the case of the bar plot. If i
      use field 2, they both seem to work fine. Does ploticus have a
      problem with big numbers? I am using version 2.20

      Is there a work around? I really need to be able to plot field 2, 3,
      or 4. This is very important, and fairly urgent.

      Thanks for your great product and support.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: