378Re: possible use of non numbers on axis?

  • bob884488
    Apr 4, 2003
      --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, "bob884488" <bob884488@y...> wrote:
      > I basically want to plot a graph were a scatter plot will appear
      at
      > the appropriate times (field 1) and in the height according to the
      > value (field 6). Unfortunately it seems like field 6 must be in a
      > number format. Ideally ploticus would read the strings and see
      > e.g. "Hit" and render these at location "0", next string is
      a "Miss"
      > so the scatter plot is rendered at the next higher y-location 1.

      Nevermind...

      Shortly after implementing the hack to get it to work without any
      flexbility I found the category setting while re-reading some
      sections of the handbook.

      Using this I got exactly the results I have been looking for.
      Awesome!

      For those who are curious: I made the following changes to the script
      #proc areadef
      ycategories: datafield=value

      // render y-axis
      #proc yaxis
      tics: none
      stubs: usecategories

      Ok now I will try to figure out the cummulative percent one.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic