2327Re: [ploticus] differences between SVG and PNG in ploticus [4 Attachments]

  • Kay Wrobel
    Mar 5, 2012
      Hi Amir,

      Just to clarify, on the PNG command, you're outputting to the SVG file name. That is a typo. Correct?

      Kay Wrobel

      MIS Associate
      Hawk Electronics, Inc.
      800-THE-HAWK
      800-843-4295
      kwrobel@...

      On 03/04/2012 09:32 AM, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:

      Hello,

      I am maintaining Erik Zachte's EasyTimeline tool, which uses Ploticus
      for rendering and is used by Wikipedia for historical timelines.

      I was trying to make it work better with non-Latin scripts by using
      the SVG file that Ploticus creates. It works well for some files, but
      some other SVG files come out garbled, even though the PNG file that
      was created with the same input was good.

      In the attachments you'll find:
      * the input ploticus script
      * the PNG file that I get
      * the SVG file that I get
      * the font that I use to render it (TaameyFrankCLM)

      The commands to run Ploticus were:

      '/usr/bin/ploticus'  -svg -o 'ploticus-timeline-bad.svg'
      'ploticus-timeline-input.txt' -tightcrop -font
      'TaameyFrankCLM-Medium.ttf' -xml_encoding UTF-8

      '/usr/bin/ploticus'  -png -o 'ploticus-timeline-good.svg'
      'ploticus-timeline-input.txt' -tightcrop -font
      'TaameyFrankCLM-Medium.ttf'

      Does anybody have an idea of what I can do to make it work correctly?

      Thank you very much,

      http://aharoni.wordpress.com
      ‪“We're living in pieces,
      I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

      The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not print, save or otherwise store the e-mail or any of the contents thereof in electronic or physical form, nor copy, use or disseminate the information contained in the email.  If you are not an intended recipient,  please notify the sender of this email immediately.

      This electronic message transmission contains information from the sender that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic