2279Re: [ploticus] Re: Having problems setting font

    Aug 2, 2010
      Hello Dan,

      grep FreeType2 in the Makefile

      FreeType2 is the package that utilizes the .ttf fonts.

      Steve

      On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM, dbwiddis <widdis@...> wrote:

      Hi Steve. Hopping onto a recent thread that seems to be similar to my issue.

      I am trying to install the Mediawiki EasyTimeline extension, which uses ploticus. I'm installing on a remote linux server with only local user rights. I've got everything working but the fonts. Despite my attempts to use ttf fonts, all I'm getting is the default 'ascii' font.

      Installation instructions for the extension direct me to use the FreeSans.ttf file and set GDFONTPATH, which I've done, to no avail.

      The message below indicates I need to compile ploticus with ttf configured, but I do not understand how to do this: the Makefile (2.41) does not mention ttf anywhere. The only mention of fonts appears to be in installing my own GD library -- which looks a bit daunting at the moment, and I'm not sure that's the right way to go.

      How exactly does one configure the Makefile to enable use of the FreeSans.ttf file?

      Dan

      --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, Steve Grubb <stevegrubb@...> wrote:

      > John, ploticus' ability to use truetype fonts has to be configured when
      > ploticus is built... see the Makefile. Did you configure your version for
      > truetype fonts?
      >
      > Steve
      >

      > On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM, johnkorbphoto <johnkorbphoto@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm running Ploticus in a Linux environment.
      > >
      > > I've installed the "liberation" font set and now I'm trying to use one of
      > > the fonts. The fonts are in the directory:
      > >
      > > /usr/share/fonts/liberation
      > >
      > > For GDFONTPATH:
      > >
      > > set GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation
      > > export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation
      > >
      > > and then in my Ploticus script, near the top of the script I have:
      > >
      > > #proc areadef
      > > title: % CPU Utilization
      > > titledetails: size=24 align=C adjust=0.0,0.2 font=LiberationSerif-Regular
      > > rectangle: 1 1 8 4
      > > xscaletype: time hh:mm:ss
      > > xrange: 00:00:00 23:59:59
      > > yrange: 0 100
      > > frame: color=xAFAFAF width=1.0
      > >
      > > Please note that the "titledetails" line may wrap here, but is all on one
      > > line in the script.
      > >
      > > The actual font file name is:
      > >
      > > /usr/share/fonts/liberation/LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf
      > >
      > > When I run my script, the font used is the default, mono-space font, not
      > > the desired font.
      > >
      > > What am I doing wrong?
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > John