2163Re: SEQUENTIAL MULTI-LINE:BAR PLOT FROM EXTERNAL .CSV DATA FILE

  • Joel Natividad
    Jan 30, 2009
      Hi Martin,
      You may want to check out ImageMagick (imagemagick.org). You can compile the
      different gifs from each pl run into an animated gif.

      http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/supercomp/n401a.html

      Hope this helps,
      Joel

      --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, M Turner <m_turner66@...> wrote:

      > Version: pl240win32
      >
      > Just new to Ploticus - looks very promising. Im looking for GNUplot alternative as
      finished charts look a little
      > amateurish. Had a few broad queries on pl.
      >
      > ANIMATED SINGLE BAR:LINE CHART
      > I need to plot/animate a 5 time series data series (some line, some bar) in one chart -
      data is held in an external .CSV file;
      > I wish the data lines/bars to display/animate the data in cumulative fashion ie
      succesively showing more years by
      > plotting the next data point for all 5 series in each "frame".
      >
      > see exisitng example (with poor formatting !) at:
       http://jcsweb.biz/parfrey//chart/userName=mef1_28_12_2008_0_6_34_828_GIFthumb.h
      tm

      > Is there an existing pl script which I could adapt to mimic the above but with a more
      professional appearance ?
      > Can a mixed bar:line chart be created via a script proc ?
      >
      > ANIMATED MULTIPLOT
      > The next stage. I then need to create a 6x3 "multiplot" (or 6x3 chart grid) of such a
      mixed animated chart described above. Too ambitious ?

      > Any suggestions most welcome.
      >

      > Martin T.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic