1861floating bars weirdness with 2.33

  • schonbach
    Jul 7, 2006
      Steve,

      I just downloaded version 2.33 (I am currently using 2.32). I noticed that with 2.33,
      floating bars don't render correctly. It looks like each bar also re-renders the outline of
      the bar above it (if the above bar falls within the range of the current bar). It's probably
      easiest to see an example:

      Here is what it looks like with 2.32:
      http://www.markbach.com/stuff/ploticus/bars232.png

      And here is what happens with 2.33:
      http://www.markbach.com/stuff/ploticus/bars233.png

      Here is the script file I used to generate both plots:
      http://www.markbach.com/stuff/ploticus/bars.ploticus

      The command lines I used were:
      /usr/local/bin/pl232 -png -o bars232.png THEVERSION="Ploticus 2.32" bars.ploticus
      /usr/local/bin/pl233 -png -o bars233.png THEVERSION="Ploticus 2.33" bars.ploticus

      I took a quick look at the source for proc_bars.c in 2.32 vs. 2.33, but it looks like a lot has
      changed, so I can't immediately pinpoint a cause. Could you please take a look and let me
      know if I am doing something wrong, or if this is a bug with 2.33? Thanks!

      Regards,
      Mark Schonbach
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic