1785Re: no limit

  • alfredklomp
    Apr 6, 2006
      Hi, I run Ploticus 2.32 on Linux, and today I encountered this same
      problem. I wanted to draw a plain axis, a single line with no tics or
      stubs:

      //----------------
      #proc yaxis
      axisline: width=0.5
      stubs: none
      tics: none
      location: 100(s)
      //----------------

      The result is an error 5729, circuit breaker tripped.

      I'm no programmer and not too familiar with the Ploticus codebase, but
      with the little knowledge of C that I have, I think I've tracked down
      the problem.

      My hypothesis: in proc_axis.c, the "sanecount" loop is not skipped
      when ((doingtics==0) && (isrc==0)), as I suspect should be the case.
      Not rendering or incrementing anything, the loop just runs till
      timeout and then throws an error.

      If this is what's causing it, fixing it should be easy. I'd try it
      myself, but not being familiar with the code, I have no idea if I can
      just reroute it like that.

      I hope this post doesn't fall in the "obvious" category, it seems
      trivial to point this bug out! ;-) Thanks for a GREAT program by the
      way, the versatility of Ploticus is really amazing.

      Cheers,
      --Alfred Klomp
      The Netherlands