1734Display Only Selected Labels for Bar Graphs?

  • schonbach
    Dec 5, 2005
      I am creating a stacked horizontal bar graph to display various
      categories as a percentage of the whole (in other words, the sum of
      all categories for each object is 100%). I'd like to label each
      segment, however, some segments (e.g. those with small values) are too
      small to hold the label, so it overlaps into the adjacent segments.

      Is there a way to selectively print labels for segments, e.g. "only
      print the label if the value is >10.0"?

      The only way I've found so far is to define another field for each
      segment and set that field to the desired label (either "nn.nn%" or
      "") and then use labelfield. But then I have twice as much data in my
      script, and it gets messy (I already have ~75 datafields, and 115 rows
      of data).

      If you'd like to see some examples of the script I am writing, or a
      graphic example of what I'm talking about, please let me know.

      Thank you.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic