1515Re: [ploticus] Re: PNG output generation from procs Lineplot & ScatterPlot

  • Louis Godio
    Jun 3, 2005
      Steve,

      Here's a brief elaboration:

      I'm generating lots of lab data in clusters, real-time. After each cluster
      is generated, I look at line & scatter plots to make a decision as to how
      I should re-set instrument parameters needed for the next cluster. I keep
      repeating this untill I get acceptable plots. The clusters are generated
      by data from lab instruments and c-code that processes the data, then
      outputs the data to a ploticus script file using PROCS GETDATA, AREADEF,
      AXIS, SCATTERPLOT and LINEPLOT. I only want PNG output because I store
      many plots, PNG works well with my other software, and want to keep my
      file size to a minimum.

      The ploticus script works fine but
      I'm convinced I could save lots of time between clusters if I could
      integrate the above PROCS into my c-code program; so based on your note
      below I'm now trying to compile c-code for the above PROCS and gd_png.c.
      I've also downloaded zlib and libpng_1.2.8, and am now trying to compile
      based on modifying the ploticus main() front-end.

      I'd appreciate your views on my approach. Is this an overly ambitious
      quest ? or am I on the right track ?

      === message truncated ===

      Yahoo! Mail