PlaySms Lives!

  • Aaron Simmons
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
      Seems that PlaySms development has stalled/died. I've tried getting
      in touch with the original author, but no luck.

      Anyway, I think that PlaySms has promise, so I've branched the project
      over at Google Code and called it YA-PlaySms (Yet Another PlaySms):
      http://code.google.com/p/ya-playsms/

      I've just put out an 0.8.2 point release. Enjoy and let me know if
      you have any problems. Please don't be shy about using Google Code's
      bug tracking system. :)

      Thanks,
      Aaron
    • Fajar Priyanto
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
        On Wednesday 09 January 2008 20:01:25 Aaron Simmons wrote:
        > Seems that PlaySms development has stalled/died. I've tried getting
        > in touch with the original author, but no luck.
        >
        > Anyway, I think that PlaySms has promise, so I've branched the project
        > over at Google Code and called it YA-PlaySms (Yet Another PlaySms):
        > http://code.google.com/p/ya-playsms/
        >
        > I've just put out an 0.8.2 point release. Enjoy and let me know if
        > you have any problems. Please don't be shy about using Google Code's
        > bug tracking system. :)

        Hi Aaron,
        Sounds interesting!
        Congrats on the project :)
        http://linux2.arinet.org
        05:11:24 up 8:36, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
        The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.

      • Amir Haris
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
          Thanks Aaron,

          I'm From Malaysia... glad to hear from you about the effort to continue the
          playsms development. I hope you can help us in here with this new changes in
          development. It is cool to have apt in this new release, bug fixes etc. I
          hope you can post any news regarding playsms, as i'm still in here reading
          your posts.

          rgds
          Amir Haris

          On Jan 9, 2008 9:01 PM, Aaron Simmons <paleozogt@...> wrote:

          > Seems that PlaySms development has stalled/died. I've tried getting
          > in touch with the original author, but no luck.
          >
          > Anyway, I think that PlaySms has promise, so I've branched the project
          > over at Google Code and called it YA-PlaySms (Yet Another PlaySms):
          > http://code.google.com/p/ya-playsms/
          >
          > I've just put out an 0.8.2 point release. Enjoy and let me know if
          > you have any problems. Please don't be shy about using Google Code's
          > bug tracking system. :)
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Aaron

        • go_win_go
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 30, 2008
            I haven't see any other forks of this project, so I guess the use of
            'yet another' is not really appropriate. but hey, i'm not really
            complaining. Congratulations!

            --- In playsms-devel@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Simmons" <paleozogt@...>
            wrote:

            > Seems that PlaySms development has stalled/died. I've tried getting
            > in touch with the original author, but no luck.
            >
            > Anyway, I think that PlaySms has promise, so I've branched the project
            > over at Google Code and called it YA-PlaySms (Yet Another PlaySms):
            > http://code.google.com/p/ya-playsms/
            >
            > I've just put out an 0.8.2 point release. Enjoy and let me know if
            > you have any problems. Please don't be shy about using Google Code's
            > bug tracking system. :)
            >

            > Thanks,
            > Aaron

          • Aaron Simmons
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
              Haha, yeah using "ya" was a little premature.  I was stumped on what to call it and it seemed that "A-PlaySms" (Another PlaySms) was even sillier.  ;)

              wrote:

              > Seems that PlaySms development has stalled/died. I've tried getting
              > in touch with the original author, but no luck.
              >
              > Anyway, I think that PlaySms has promise, so I've branched the project
              > over at Google Code and called it YA-PlaySms (Yet Another PlaySms):
              > http://code. google.com/ p/ya-playsms/
              >
              > I've just put out an 0.8.2 point release. Enjoy and let me know if
              > you have any problems. Please don't be shy about using Google Code's
              > bug tracking system. :)
              >

              > Thanks,
              > Aaron

            • fatchan mahendra mahendra
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 9:52 PM
                Hi Guys.

                Need your assistance, I want to create SMS Server, ora SMS Getway.
                Under windows or linux,
                How Away to do it,

                Thanks for your assistance and co operation