Major Party Announcement !!! Blues and Brews

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2009

      Hi Gang,

                 Mark those calendars for a MAJOR PARTY coming up. Yes, this isn’t on the normal Plato Republic calendar as I can only afford one of these every 10 years or so. I wanted to get this out as soon as possible so you can make plans. More details will be coming later but here is a rough idea.

                Saturday afternoon August 29th is the date. I have lined up the Lloyd Jones Struggle band. If you are a R & B or straight up Blues fan I am sure you have heard of him. Lloyd has been playing in Portland and around the Pacific NW for about 30 years. He has played with Curtis Salgado and Paul Delay and opened for bands like B. B. King.

                The location is my backyard. The band will start to tune up at about 2:00 and play from 3:00 to about 6:30. This will be a pot luck or picnic of your own bringing. I will cook up a big batch of Sloppy Joe meat for buns and provide an ass load of chips. I will be asking for volunteers to brew and or bring a corny keg (if possible) of homebrew. If you would like to brew a batch for this I will furnish the hops – mostly Cascade and Chinnok. Probably average NW style Pale and Amber ales. I will brew up 10 gallons but this party usually draws about 100 plus people. Give me a call or drop an e-mail if you can help out.

                Set this date aside and plan to be here – this only comes around every 10 years.   Marc