Hop Farm Opportunities and Hop Madness ReCap

  • Garrett Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi guys,
      I wanted to let you know about a couple I met at Hop Madness this year. They had just started a hop farm in the Salem area, it is a very small 1/2 acre, with another acre available to them. What they are trying to do, is grow Organic Hops for Home Brew Clubs and Small Breweries. They are hoping to have people who can tell them what type of hops they would be interested in, they would grow those varieties, and you pick them when they are ready. It is a bit of work, but not only could you get a good deal on hops, but you could get a specific variety of Fresh Wet Hops. Anyway, if you are interested, you can call:
      Don and Tina at Norton's Hop Farm
      541-741-7870

      We missed many of you at this years event, we had a great time, and a similar turnout of about 85 people. The Hop Olympics went over well, and Oliver from the OBC won both the Best Damn Hoppy Beer, as well as the People's Choice with his Double Pliney Clone (yes 2x the hops of a Pliney... 24 oz for 5 gallons). Fun was had by all, and the stumbling was fun to watch.

      Good times, good times, we shall hope to see the rest of you next year!
      Garrett

      --
      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
      ~ Frank Zappa