Oregon Brew Crew Fall Classic !!

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Hi Gang,

            Just wanted to let you know that our laid back little club was represented at the Oregon Brew Crew’s main competition event of the year last Saturday. Granted, I was the only one from our club that entered. This just shows that we need to fix that next year. I judged a couple of categories and I know that our beers definitely measure up. We could have had many more winners. Hey, the prizes that go along with the medals are really good too. Along with the Silver medal came a $40 gift cards to Bailey’s Tap Room. The Gold medal included a $50 gift certificate to Main Brew Homebrew Supply store. And, the Silver for Best of Show included the opportunity to develop a special recipe with Tom Bleigh at Hopworks and brew a 15 BBL batch of it with him.

            So hey, if I can win you can too. Let’s be prepared and have a bunch of entries next October.

            See you at the club annual outing to Lompoc ’s 5th Quadrant Side Bar next Monday @ 7:00pm.  Marc

      P.S.  I’ll bring a growler of that Peppered, Cucumber Pale Ale

      Category 10: American Ale (24 entries)

      Place

      Brewer(s)

      Entry Name

      Style

      Club

      1st

      Dirk Baker

      Full Frontal Simcoe

      10A: American Pale Ale

      Strange Brew - OR

      2nd

      Marc Martin

      Prairie Amber

      10B: American Amber Ale

      Plato Republic

      3rd

      Edward Collins

      PALE ALE

      10A: American Pale Ale

      HOPS

      Category 21: Spice/Herb/Vegatable Beer (7 entries)

      Place

      Brewer(s)

      Entry Name

      Style