Sept. Meeting/Event - Octoberfest !!!

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 5:29 PM

      Hi Gang,

            Here’s the poop re: the Sept. meeting. It will be our annual Octoberfest party. This year, for the first time, it will be hosted by someone other than one of your steering committee members. Tom and Linda Cora have graciously offered to host this years event. If you have not met them, they are a couple of our newer members. They have moved here from Hawaii where they had been homebrewing for several years. Now you might say why would anyone move here from Hawaii . Well, I don’t have the answer except possibly for a better selection of great craft beer. I guess you will just have to show up, meet them and ask that question for yourself.

            So, as announced in the newsletter this will be on Saturday evening the 22nd starting at 6:00pm. They will furnish the brats, buns, condiments, paper plates, utensils and such. For the pot luck portion everyone else bring a salad, side dish, desert, snack items, etc. If you can, stick with the German theme i.e.: spetzel, schnitzel, German potato salad, etc.

            Obviously bring plenty of beer to share. No particular style just whatever you have – homebrew if possible. If no homebrew on hand bring some good commercial beers – German style would be nice. By special request, the “Hopfen Bong” will make it’s usual appearance filled with fresh picked Cascade hops. What we will pour through it will be another story.

            The address is 16809 N.E. 137th Ave. Brush Prairie, Wa. This is only about a mile from my place and the Prairie Tavern (in case you need a beer on the way).

            Please RSVP direct to Linda - -  linda@...

      Hope to see you there, Marc

      P.S. -  If you plan to bring a corny keg e-mail direct to me  marc_alpha_king@...  that way I will know whether or not to bring the club jockey box !!